Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Friday, March 3, 2017

Live a colorful life ...

Art is your personal diary where you may color your thoughts and emotions on a page. ~Sara, Los Cerros Middle School, 1999

Good morning!
Just a reminder that there is still time to play along with at Through the Craft Room Door.
Our Sponsor this week is Crafty Sentiments with a prize of 3 images from their store!

Today I am sharing with you the details of the card I made. The image is colored with alcohol markers, fussy cut and added to the card base with foam pieces. Pearl Smooch was added to the flower to give it a touch of a shimmer and Gold Smooch was used on her head band along with the rhinestones. 
Supplies for 5 x 7 card

Close up trying to show the glimmer on the flower and headband

DigiStamp "Scilla" from Crafty Sentiments
Alcohol markers
Card stock from the Paper Studio and Stampin Up!
Die "Romantic Rectangles" from Spellbinders
Embossing folder "Pines" from Stampin Up!
Gold Smooch from Stampin Up!
Ink from Palette
Liquid pearls from Ranger
Rhinestones from Close to My Heart & Made by Me
Sentiment "Colorful Life" from Ranger

Thanks for stopping by!
(Hugs) Cara


2 comments:

Christina said...

Cara, what a clever design having Scilla sitting on the embossed pines! She really does belong there. I really like the colors on her as well. Her orange-red hair and green dress remind me of the the princess in the Disney movie Brave. May you have a wonderful Friday and some fun plans ahead for the weekend. Hugs.

wannabcre8tive said...

A cute card, Cara. I love the image and you have colored it beautifully.