Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Outlawz: Movie Night!

I've got a dream too, but it's about singing and dancing and making people happy. That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. --- Kermit The Frog 

Good morning my crafty peeps! 
A new day - A new CAS challenge at the Outlawz. and it's MOVIE NIGHT!

We all have those absolute favorite movies. You know the one I'm talking about ... we can watch them over and over .... and over. We laugh, we get mad, we cry and sigh ... always at the same places. They bring back memories and smiles no matter how messed up our day has been!


Released in 1954 (quite a few years before I was born - ahem) I remember watching this movie every time it was on the Saturday afternoon matinee on TV!

I would leave my friends house to make it home in time to watch this one!

Such a fun movie full of singing and dancing. I remember laughing as I watched poor Milly cope with a new husband and 6 outrageous brother-in-laws. She proves herself to be no push over either even though she is outnumbered and out-sized by all that testosterone!

I never get tired of watching it even to this day.

So ... here is the card I made based on my favorite movie, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Spoiler alert!
It's a wedding card ...
LOL

Card size is 5 x 7
I made the sides of "film strip" with a small border punch I have. I stamped my image 8 times ... one to color and 7 times (get it?) to cut in 1"x 1" squares to look like film clips. I colored the main image with my Prisma color pencils and a alcohol blender pen and added liquid pearls to the frame for accents and attached to the card with foam dimensionals. The dress I painted with Smooch to give it a nice glimmer but try as I might I just could not get a good picture of it so you'll just have to take my word for it!


Supply List
Card stock from The Paper Studio and Stampin Up!
Image & Sentiment: "Wedding Bliss" from Hampton Art
Black India Ink from Memories
Prisma Color pencils
Liquid Pearls from Ranger
Smooch Pearlized Top Coat from Clearsnap
Border Bunch from Punch Bunch
Foam dimensionals

Looking forward to seeing what your favorite movie is!
Click HERE to come play along!

(Hugs) Cara

CHALLENGES ENTERED:

Digi Choosday Challenge

Week 45: CAS

Sister Act Card Challenge

#83: Anything Goes

Word Art Wednesday

#158 Anything Goes

Brown Sugar Challenge

#120 Anything Goes

Jo's Scrap Shack

FFC #66 Anything Goes

7 comments:

Patricia St Martin said...

Really great idea, very creative!
Hugs, Pat

Jane Savage said...

Such an innovative design! So clever and so beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane xxx

fairy454 said...

Beautiful card :-)

Unknown said...

This is an absolutely wonderful post. Thank you for sharing your lovely paper crafting with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Lovely card
Thanks for sharing it with us in our Clean and simple challenge over at Digi Choosday and good luck
Julie x
My blog
Lacy Sunshine DT member
Digi Choosday DT member
Pennys Challenges Owner & DT member
Inky Impressions DT member
Ooh La La Creations DT member
Brown Sugar Challenges Admin member

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

What a lovely creation. So CAS and elegant. I love it.

Thanks for playing along with us at Brown Sugar this week. Good luck.

Lynn, BSCB DT

Emma said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/">Digi Choosday Emma (DT)