Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Feeling Fruity

“When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard,
I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?”

Sydney J. Harris

Good morning!
Summer is here with a vengeance! It's has been so hot recently that it is sometimes hard to think of doing anything but trying to stay cool! But this is price we pay for our winters so I don't complain ... much! LOL

Today, over at the Outlawz Challenges, is the start of a new CAS challenge.
We've been asked to make card or projects that show fruits or veggies! It can be your focal point or just part of the scene you create! Just keep in Clean and Simple!

My Card for the challenge
I stamped the image on a piece of watercolor paper, colored with watercolor pencils then spritzed with water. The background layer is a scrap of background paper I had left from another card project.


Size A2
Supplies
Card stock, Watercolor paper, piercing template, ink and image (Fruit Stand) from Stampin Up!
Sentiment - unknown
Watercolor pencils from Karat Aquarell
Labels 4 die from Spellbinders
Card Patterns Sketch #87

CHALLENGES ENTERED

Pixie's Crafty Workshop Week #129
Project needs to be made using scraps

Hiding in My Craft Room #153

Must use scraps

Sister Act Card Challenge #61 

Anything Goes

613 Avenue Create Challenge #76 / Optional twist; Subway Art
Anything Goes

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Cara, what a gorgeous card - I love the watercoloured image and the snippet colour coordinates perfectly. Elizabeth xx

scrappymo! said...

Your watercolour image looks great!
Lovely card!

Di said...

Oh Cara. this really is lovely! Super colouring and it's great to see you in the Playground again. It doesn't look like I'm following you yet - just gonna hop over and put that right!

Hugs, Di xx

Lynne said...

Lovely watercoloured image.
Lynne xxx

Debs Willis said...

The watercolour image is lovely & works really well with that frame
Debs

Jenscrapstoo said...

Lovely card, nice image too!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Shirley said...

Very elegant and lovely! I really love your painting!!!

Samantha A. said...

Very nicely done! I love what you did with your scraps!

Thanks for sharing at Hiding in My Craft Room!
Samantha – HIMCR DT
Designs by Sammy